Leonie Bennett • Alice Castillo • Godfrey Fisher • Andrea Hitchener • Jannine Horsford • Dian Maheia • Pauline Millar • Julia Sander • Veronica Simon • Sharon Thorpe
English Matters is a comprehensive four-level series for Caribbean students, which provides thorough preparation for lower secondary and CSEC examinations.
The series adopts a lively task-based approach and offers:
• Thorough coverage of national syllabi shown in scope and
• An integrated approach to language learning
• Regular practice of the four skill areas of listening, speaking,
reading and writing
• A wide selection of reading texts from Caribbean and other
• Systematic practice of language points
• A range of stimulating extension and enrichment exercises
• Regular revision and assessment activities
• Numerous suggestions for using IT
• Opportunities to develop study skills such as dictionary use
• A reference section which includes a grammar and
punctuation guide and a glossary of language terms.
It comes with a detailed teacher’s manual at each level and a CD to develop listening and speaking skills. Books 1- 3 are supported by workbooks which provide additional practice of key points.
The transcripts from the English Matters audio-CDs are available from the teacher's resources section of the website here.