This Revision Guide covers all the Language Arts topics in the Integrated Curriculum for Jamaica for Grades 1-3. The work is arranged around the nine Attainment Targets identified in the curriculum for Language Arts. It will therefore serve as a useful reference for students and teachers to assess whether they have covered and achieved the outcomes designed for Grades 1-3.
Key features of the book:
• Each chapter includes an overview, revision notes,
exercises and a summary
• Numerous practical exercises that students can answer in
their exercise books
• Structured work with phonics, and lots of practise
• Chapters arranged in three sections, each with a
• Complete Diagnostic Test at the end of the course
• Teaching notes with answers to selected questions, tests
and spelling lists
• The book can be used throughout grades 1, 2 and 3 to
check students’ progress. This can be
especially useful in Multi-grade classes
• Alternatively the first chapters can be used for revision at
the beginning of Grade 3, and the remaining part for
seatwork during Grade 3
• The chapters can be used as a basis for lesson planning
within the classroom and Teacher’s Training Colleges
• The summaries and questions can be used by Grade 4
teachers to assess the students with regard to previous
work, and to identify needs.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FREE LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER'S RESOURCES.
About the author
Dr June Mitchelmore is a well-known language and science writer in the Caribbean. Her primary science series, Finding Out, and the two series for primary language, Step by Step to Reading and Step by Step to Language Mastery are also published by Macmillan. She is also the author of Let’s Pass Science and the Revision Guide for Grades 1-3 for Science.